Saturday 14 March 2009

I love ebay

I had an awesome message through ebay yesterday from a lady called Emma:
"hi,
i came across your advert by chance, and was very interested in what you are doing.
I work for dulux and was surprised when i saw what you where trying to do. I was also surprised when I read that you had contacted Dulux and they couldnt help you. Do you mind me asking who you contacted?
I think that what you are doing is very good, and I have contacted a couple of people to see if we can help you, I am just awaiting a reply.
I dont want to get your hopes up or anything but I am trying to find out if there is a way that we can help you.

Im sure I will be in touch soon
Emma
"

I messaged her back who I had been in contact with and told her that I had been offered a courier for my paint instead of paying for the 72 seperate packages.I haven't had a reply off her yet.
I've also had sponsorship from two stangers so far.One from Michelle who also messaged me this:
"Hi there. Wishing you lots of luck. I came across you because I was looking for Dulux sample pots too, but I cannot find any on ebay - perhaps you have bought them all!! Last weekend Focus DIY shop had a massive sale and I got a few pots for 10p each. I don't know if you have a Focus nearby or if the sale is still on but this may help you. I am going to give you a donation and will hopefully follow your progress - and the painstaking mixing process that you will have to go through! Good luck. M - www.madebym.co.uk for all things shabby chic - so think of me when you mix those Dolly Mixture colours!"
Which was lovely and also Dani who sponsoered me £10 and sent me this message with payment:
"Hope you get enough together...when you are famous, look me up and send me a painting!! Dani"
So if any of you are reading this thank you very very much I appreciate your support and help so much.
I'm glad there are people like this out there and my friends have been awesome so far donating to me :)
Love love love

No comments:

Post a Comment