Wednesday 18 March 2009

MDF

Ordered my MDF yesterday
2 sheets 6mm thick.Came to over £20 but that's nothing compared to the cost of my paint (£211.68!)
Going to be delivered tomorrow so going to spend the day in uni by the looks of it and see if I can get it cut up and start priming pieces.
I'm undecided whether I should prime then cut or cut then prime.I think cutting them priming will be the easiest because moving it around would mark the paint and make the surface dirty which I don't want to happen really plus the edges might go ragged on the saw so I think cut then prime would be my best bet thinking about it.
I've decided to make them life size because if I made them double size it would be a bit much wood and make them harder to move around because there will be 216 of them!
I think I'm going to make a few extras to give to people who've donated maybe some bigger pieces.Depends on time and how much MDF I end up with left over?
Just waiting for everything to arrive now really!

No comments:

Post a Comment